Hunt Companies Finance Trust is a Maryland corporation focused on investing on a leveraged basis in a portfolio of mortgage-backed securities (“MBS”), mortgage loans and other real estate related investments.
To provide attractive cash flow returns over time to our investors, our investment strategy targets the following assets:
- Transitional multifamily and other commercial real estate loans, which are floating rate loans secured by multifamily and other commercial real estate properties that are not guaranteed by a U.S. government-sponsored entity, or securitizations backed by such loans;
- Securitizations backed by multifamily mortgage loans, or multifamily MBS;
- Agency RMBS, which are residential backed mortgage securities, for which a U.S. Government agency, such as the Government National Mortgage Association (“Ginnie Mae”), or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity, such as the Federal National Mortgage Association (“Fannie Mae”) or the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (“Freddie Mac”), guarantees payment of principal and interest on the security;
- To a limited extent, non-agency RMBS, which are RMBS that are not issued or guaranteed by U.S. Government-sponsored entity; and;
- Other mortgage-related assets including mortgage servicing rights, or MSRs, CMBS, or other loans or securities backed by real estate;